All services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL
Key areas of service include:
- Domestic Violence Victim Services
- Sexual Assault Victim Services
- Parenting Education & Support Services
- Community Education and Referral
What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence includes any and all behaviors used by one person in a relationship to control the other. Domestic violence can happen to anyone regardless of their appearance, race, class, age, sex, religion, cultural background, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Domestic Violence Victim Services
- Counseling and Advocacy-Domestic violence advocates will listen and explore options with victims/survivors of past and present domestic violence. We can also provide assistance and support in navigating systems related to violence.
- Youth Services-We provide counseling and advocacy for youth ages 5-18 who have witnessed or experienced domestic violence.
- Legal Advocacy-We can provide assistance with Judicare applications, restraining orders, divorce paperwork and support during hearings. We can not provide legal advice.
- Safety Planning-We can work with you to create a personalized safety plan whether you choose to remain in or leave a violent relationship.
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline-An Advocate is available to provide assistance or counseling 24 hours a day.
- Outreach and Awareness-Presentations and public education about domestic violence are available. Please contact the Program Director if interested.
- Emergency Shelter-We can provide you with options for safe, short-term, emergency shelter as we work with you to find more permanent housing.
What is Sexual Assault?
Sexual assault is any sexual contact or intercourse with another person without consent of that person by use of, or the threat of, force, coercion or violence.
Sexual Assault Victim Services
- Counseling and Advocacy for Adult & Child Victims
- Offices in Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire
- 24-Hour Crisis Line
- Emergency Room Support
- Advocacy & Support with Legal Issues
- Support Groups
- Support for Families & Friends of Victims
Eau Claire Outreach Office for Sexual Assault Services
- Counseling for Victims, Families, and Friends (Adults and children)
- Assistance with Medical Help
- Assistance with the Legal System
- Outreach and Awareness
- Support groups
CASA (Center for Awareness of Sexual Assault)
- 24 hour crisis line: 836-HELP
- Counseling and Advocacy
- Training on-campus first responders
- Parent Education Classes are offered periodically to provide resources and discussion on topics such as limit setting, natural and logical consequences, improving listening skills, building self-esteem, discipline techniques and a variety of other topics.
- Parent Education is available to families who are experiencing difficulties in managing their children and would like some support or to explore options.
- Home Visiting Services can be provided to families as needed.
- Collaborative services are available to community agencies to help individuals transition home.
- Counseling and advocacy are provided to child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Group services are also available to child victims of domestic violence. Referrals are made to other area professionals as needed.
- Protective behaviors education is offered in most school districts in the county. Our experienced teacher addresses topics such as sexual and physical abuse prevention, domestic violence, sexual harassment prevention and other topics.