7,234 is the number of people who benefited from
Family Support Center's services in 2019
Chippewa County Residents in 2019:
- 480 survivors of domestic violence received support, counseling, and advocacy. The Family Support Center helps victims by providing a 24-hour crisis line, counseling, advocacy, group support, assistance with restraining orders, emergency shelter, and other support services.
- 126 youth affected by domestic violence received support, counseling, and education. Counseling & skill-building groups focus on issues such as dynamics of domestic violence, feelings, safety planning, coping with violence, positive communication skills, self-esteem, anger management, and positive conflict resolution.
- 242 survivors of sexual assault received support, counseling, and advocacy. Through this program, victims of sexual assault receive the support they need to cope and heal. Services include counseling, advocacy, group support, and a 24-hour crisis line.
- 375 parents learned how to improve their parenting skills. The Family Support Center provides home visiting services, parent coaching sessions, parenting classes, safe exchange services, and a family resource center. Services and activities focus on family communication, children's social & emotional development, divorce and co-parenting, understanding children's misbehavior, reflective listening, problem solving and helping parents help their children learn and grow.
- 5,373 children & teens received prevention education to enhance their safety and help them cope with difficult issues in their lives. Topics include sexual abuse and physical abuse prevention, coping with family violence, sexual harassment, dating violence prevention, and understanding healthy and unhealthy relationships.
Eau Claire County Residents in 2019:
- 261 survivors of sexual assault received support, counseling, and advocacy. Through this program, victims of sexual assault receive the support they need to cope and heal. Services include counseling, advocacy, group support and a 24 hour crisis line.
- 377 high school students, college students, educators, professionals, service groups and others received sexual assault awareness and prevention education. Topics include general information about sexual assault, prevention strategies, and coping skills.